As the mystery around the XO-1.5 unfurls, take part in something historic! Approximately 30 XO-1.5 B2 units are now available at OLPC in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Given that our supply is limited, we want our allocation to be fair and meritocratic. Here are some key points to remember for this round:
- Hardware and software developers will get priority over educators.
- Educators will get in on the next round - the hardware and software need to work first!
- Certain projects may possibly be vetoed if they are violent or unsuitable in nature.
- Worldwide shipping and customs/import fees are included in this participation.
- Voice chat (maybe even VoIP? Imagine the XO doubling up as a phone!)
- Project Karma, the superb endeavor led by the OLE Nepal team.
- Physics activity - Can the make-believe "Physics" world interface with the real world? Think sensors!
- Media editing activity - Going beyond simply "Record"ing on the XO.
- Programming activities - Building upon Pippy, Develop and maybe even an activity for LOGO.
- Sustenance activities - Build/improve upon Simcity, FoodForce II, or be inspired by The Incredible Machine!
- Ebooks - take a look at the latest Read activity and its support for annotations and formats, and build upon it.
- Touchpad activity - How do I use the touchpad? A simple but much needed activity.
- Low level stuff - the new video driver, for instance.